Head of Retention
Head of Retention – The UK’s most prevalent and highly respected Staycation Travel brands
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the UK’s leading and most established staycation travel company. Specialising in cottage holiday lets, holiday parks and holiday lodges you’ll be joining this market leader at a pivotal point in time as they invest in their future, and continue to provide exceptional and industry leading service to their clients and holidaymakers.
This role, at its very crux, is about maximising the lifetime value of the company’s clients, and reducing attrition. We’re looking for someone motivated and energetic, who can develop and lead a high performing team.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker, who lives and breathes all things commercial, whilst also bringing a passion for service. You’ll motivate and manage a sales & account management retention team, and you’ll be responsible for leading a strategy of initiatives which will ensure that the company is seen as their clients service provider of choice. You’ll do this through developing KPIs, insights, analysis and tools to improve retention of and communication with clients, offering a truly personalised service.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be responsible for proactively managing our travel client’s retention strategy for a number of their very well-known and established Travel & Tourism Brands; they don’t just want to meet their retention targets, they want to smash them, and you’ll do this by using data and insights to understand the accounts that are at risk of leaving the business, and look at all commercial options available to retain them.
- You’ll lead their Retention team to drive high performance and a culture where the client is put at the heart of all decisions they make, including supporting efforts to enhance and develop their digital offering for clients.
- This role will focus heavily on relationship management; you’ll be supporting colleagues internally and you’ll take responsibility for escalated conversations around commercial performance.
- You’ll be constantly looking at ways for the company to build and improve relationships with clients, particularly those who they see as being at risk of leaving them through data and feedback.
- You’ll also look at how their inventory is performing and, where a product is under-performing, look at how to proceed.
- You’ll be seeking feedback for clients to drive their strategy for reducing churn, and you’ll be given the freedom to identify and implement new tools and technologies which will enhance the client’s experience.
- We’re looking for someone who is commercially savvy, as you’ll have targets within your area, and you’ll be looking at ways to deliver on (and exceed!) these within budget.
- You’ll present back on financial performance in high level presentations to key stakeholders, as well as preparing and managing your own department budgets.
- You’ll be there to identify opportunities which could deliver additional value for the company’s clients and generate additional revenue, and you’ll be part of a team where your ideas are listened to, which is important as you’ll act as the voice of the client, ensuring they’re represented in all key strategic decisions.
Ideal candidates for this unique opportunity will possess:-
- UK Travel & Tourism Trade experience, especially the UK Holiday market although candidates from other industry sectors with strong client or customer retention experience will be seriously considered.
- A solid understanding of client retention from within a B2B environment having done so within a contact / call centre environment, however we would welcome candidates to apply that have customer or consumer retention experience, B2C too.
- A data & analytically focussed mind, being comfortable with turning the numbers into business recommendations.
- A drive and determination for achieving targets and that you thrive in a fast paced environment.
We would also be very keen to speak with individuals that are currently in a management or team leading role within the Travel & Tourism Industry with responsibility of retention and retaining clients within a B2B OR B2C environment that are looking for that next step up and for a new and exciting challenge in their career!
This leading travel business are offering a great salary and excellent benefits; they’re all about holidays, so they practise what they preach and offer some great travel discounts and a range of other perks too.
Cracking Recruitment are working in very close partnership on an exclusive basis with this leading travel business, so for a more detailed and comprehensive understanding of this excellent opportunity as Head of Retention and the business we are representing please contact Jason in the strictest of confidence.